RAIN Is Looking to Hire A Grant Writer!
RAIN Is Looking To Hire A New Grant Writer
Position Type: Contractor (@24 hours per week)
Onsite at Portsmouth NH office & remote
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: Executive Director
Application: Letter of interest and cover letter by e-mail to Bess@Rain4Sahara.org or by mail to: Rain4Sahara, PO Box 1503, Portsmouth NH 03802.
A non-profit organization based in Portsmouth NH, Rain for the Sahel and Sahara (RAIN) partners with rural and nomadic desert people of West Africa to enable enduring and relevant livelihoods through access to education and opportunity. RAIN seeks an experienced part-time Grant Writer on a contract basis.
Qualified candidates will be versatile in trying new approaches; is passionate about international development, and able to demonstrate an established track record of successful fundraising from private trusts, family foundations, corporate and government giving channels. The Grant Writer will be responsible for an individual fundraising target, as well as contribute to the department’s overall fundraising goals for the year.
- Develop, with the Executive Director, grant writing goals and a plan for each fiscal year detailing proposed research, prospects and submissions;
- Coordinate the writing of restricted and unrestricted proposals from both corporate and foundation sources;
- Work with RAIN staff on grantor research, potential partner identification, and letters of inquiry to current and prospective corporate and foundation sources;
- Write and submit all final grant reports, as well as work with RAIN staff to maintain relevant data for each grantor and assure that RAIN fulfills all grantor requirements for reporting and visibility;
- Maintain prospect files and track progress;
- Working closely with Executive Director and Bookkeeper, coordinate and confirm all grant budgets;
- Conduct regular prospect briefings with staff and Board of Directors.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a grant writer, preferably for an international organization;
- Strong collaborative team player able to work independently and as a self-starter in a dynamic environment changing parameters;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional time management, project management, and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to build and cultivate relationships;
- Experience with databases, Word, Excel and utilizing the internet for funding research; and
- Some knowledge of French preferred.